Banksville was named after Samuel Banks, who settled on the upper reaches of the Mianus River in the northeast comer of Greenwich in 1700.
For the next 200 years, it was a quiet farming community, but in 1904 Edmund Converse acquired more than 1,000 acres to create Greenwich's greatest estate, with forty buildings and a staff of 200.
Farming operations continued up until 1960, after which time it lay fallow for twenty years until it was sold to the Conyers Farm Partnership. Its 1,468 acres were subdivided into sixty lots.
Conyers Farm is the home of many well-known residents who can afford its magnificent ten-acre lots. It is also the locale for the Greenwich Polo Club, where many town residents go in the summer to enjoy the polo games on a Sunday afternoon.
Banksville's small business center near the New York State line is reminiscent of a simpler time. Many of its residents refer to Banksville as the land that time has forgotten.
|North Parkway (Backcountry)|
|Belle Haven||Old Greenwich|
|Glenville||South Parkway (Mid Country)|
|North Mianus||South of Post Road|